Hello, friends! Since there are quite a few new ones around here and since my life has changed in the last ten months, I feel like we should do some re-introductions around here. Sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer) and let's get to know each other!
- I married my best friend Dan in 2012. I thank the Lord for bringing him into my life! You can read about our story here.
- We just entered into the world of parenthood. We love our little Elli!
- We are the proud owners/fur-parents of Piper and Carl. Okay, if we're honest, they really own us. Piper is a mutt of sorts; we think she's a lab, hound, bulldog mix. Carl is a boxer.
- Growing up, I hated autumn, but now that I'm older, it is my favorite season. Bring on the pumpkin spice everything!!
- I'm obsessed with coffee. I'm an iced coffee snob. Starbucks is the only place I've found that makes the best iced coffee. (Now, if anyone has a copycat recipe, please leave it in the comments!!)
- I'm allergic to any kind of melon: watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc. It's so depressing.
- I love HGTV. More specifically, I adore Chip and Joanna Gaines. They make interior design look so easy and I always think, I can totally do that! But then in real life, I'm the most indecisive person ever when it comes to home decor and interior design. It took two years before we put any decor on our walls. I also agonized over the perfect paint color for Elli's nursery. Seriously, I paced around the paint swatch section for about an hour in Lowes.
- We love Disney World! We went this past May and had a blast. (See how I survived being 20+ weeks pregnant at Disney) The next time we go, we'll have a little tyke! I'm so excited for our next Disney trip.
- One of my favorite movies is Anne of Green Gables. I literally mourned when Jonathan Crombie passed away. You can read about my Green Gables obsession here.
- My other favorite movie is the Sound of Music. I can quote the entire movie and sing all of the songs. It drives my husband crazy, but I think he secretly finds it amusing. My parents were able to take the Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg and I was insanely jealous! One day, I will sing in the Alps like Julie Andrews.
- I love watching the Amazing Race and while I think it would be awesome to race around the world, I feel like I would be eliminated on the first round. That would probably be due to a lack of athleticism, the fact that I can be stubborn, and at times I am directionally challenged.
Whew! There you go! A little snippet about me. Now it's your turn! Tell me a random fact about you and link up your blog in the comments. Can't wait to meet you all!